The 2-story historic home was built in 1904 by the town tailor Henry Herman Mickenbecker for his future bride, Amelia Heitze. They married on June 7, 1905. They had 8 children and raised them all in this 2-story beauty. During the 1960’s, the house had been converted into a two-flat residence a decade or so after the Mickenbecker’s children sold the family home. The house has been lovingly restored to its late-Victorian grandeur welcoming guests, on the SE corner of Eagle Street and Franklin Avenue, as the Harrison House Bed & Breakfast.
Speaking of location…the B&B is perfectly situated on 2 half lots in Joseph Naper’s originally created, surveyed, and mapped town at the corner of 2 of the 11 streets and avenues named by him in 1842. It’s a short 2 block walk to the first shops and restaurants in what is now considered a premier Chicagoland destination.